Thursday, December 20, 2007

Performance in KL

Someone from Hainan association invites me to play in their orchestra.


The concert features a famous Chinese orchestra composer from Beijing China, Professor Yang Chun Lin. All the programmes were composed by him which are beautifully arranged. Most of the work are also transcribed from famous Chinese folk song, but were rearrange and re-harmonize which creates a more in depth feeling of the folk song.
I arrived on Friday which is the last day of their rehearsal, which mean I have to rely on my quick sight and senses to play all the songs from the score, quite nervous sometimes as, he, the composer cum conductor is very strict with his music. He has high demand on us to express his feeling of the works he wrote. That night we rehearsed until 11:30pm!
Nonetheless, the concerts proved to be a successful one. Audience clapping non stop with standing ovation.


2 comments:

Touge King said...

Do you have any video? It'd be nice to see and hear you in action :)

TougeDK said...

Too bad, I wish to record but my hand phone can't go into video mode now. Wait until I got the official video recording from them.